Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

I had the pleasure of seeing a Hollywood blockbuster star portray a real human being in the film The Pursuit of Happyness.   I am writing this blog to encourage people and rally the American spirit within each heart.  So it is that I would love a recent film depicting the rags-to-riches biography of a man who lost everything but his son and his dream.  The United States was founded on dreams, dreams won over by blood and toil.  My family has been on this continent for 400 years, so let me ask you if fighting for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness isn't in my blood?   We have so very much to be thankful for as Americans, as citizens of one of the few nations on earth to be truly "free."  This is the place where a person, irregardless of race, gender, religion, or creed can go after their dream.   We are a country of risk takers, and we are a country which still attracts those who have been oppressed in their own lands. 

I thought about writing a blog entry for September 11th, but then I do not need that day to express what we all felt.  I encourage you to open your hearts and feel, to stay in the awareness of, what it means to have your rights and way of life nearly taken away.  Terrorism isn't necessarily about death: terrorism is a threat, an "our way or else," which is exactly why the United States of America was founded.  We are living in a safe haven for freedom from tyranny.  We are living in a place where a man and his young son, who have nothing, can hold these truths dear and rise above. 




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bklNWWoJyzE&feature=related
Please copy and paste this clip's URL into your browser and watch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment