Monday, July 26, 2010

Brother Bill


We nearly lost our beloved Bill Barnwell, my dad's best friend from NC State design school and my mom's big brother, on Tuesday July 13, 2010 to a heart attack.  I have not blogged much lately for lack of interest, and for some time my heart was in my throat for Bill's journey from ambulance ride to quadruple by-pass surgery.  Bill was named for his father, who was a great storyteller.  This gift for engaging people is something which comes easily for my Uncle Bill, and I would like to dedicate a good bit of the spirit of my research and writing about the family to him.  He is, for all of him, a blessing in our lives.  There is no doubt that his survival over the past 2 weeks is a miracle. 
I love you, Uncle Bill.  This one's for you.
p.s. Jarvis has lost over 20 lbs since these pictures at my wedding were taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment